Gourmet Tour in the historic center
A gourmet walk through the city center of Montepulciano.
You will take a mouth-watering tour through the alleys of the city center of Montepulciano, accompanied by an expert guide, who will teach you the history of this ancient medieval town. Between breath taking views and architecture from the Renaissance era, you will have the opportunity to taste the specialties that mostly characterize this region, stopping at stores of local products, at a traditional restaurant, and at an underground wine cellar. You will taste the best that this region has to offer, such as Pecorino cheese from Pienza at different levels of aging, Tuscan salami, bruschetta topped with Tuscan extra virgin olive oil, the famous Pici made by hand, and obviously the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG and Vino Rosso di Montepulciano DOC. Excellent quality and authenticity are the words that best sum up this guided visit of Montepulciano to learn more about local flavors.
- Walk through Montepulciano’s old town centre with stop at the tasting points
- Tasting of Pecorino di Pienza cheese
- Tasting of Tuscan charcuterie and bruschetta with extra virgin olive oil
- Tasting of hand made “pici” in a restaurant
- Visit of a cellar with tasting of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG
Duration: 3 hours
Departure time: 10 am or 4 pm
Starting point: Valdichiana Living, Piazza Grande n. 7, Montepulciano
Price per person: € 65,00