This medieval town is immersed in the unspoilt countryside and woodland between the lower Valdichiana and Mount Cetona. The town is laid out as a ring around the hill, leading up to the imposing 10th century tower at the top. The narrow labyrinthine streets descend to the town’s main piazza – a surprisingly large square for such a small town – with its distinctive oval shape. There are countless footpaths and cyclepaths around the town, perfect for exploring Mount Cetona and the surrounding countryside, passing the olive groves that produce an excellent DOP olive oil.
Discover the hamlet of Cetona.
DON’T MISS IT:
– Garibaldi Square and Rivellino
– Church of SS. Trinità
– Church of San Michele Arcangelo
– Civic Museum of the Preistory of Mount Cetona
– La Rocca
– La Collegiata
– Church of Santa Maria in Belverde
– Belverde Archeological – Natural Park and Belverde Archeodrome