Adventure into Prehistory in the Archaeological Park of Cetona
Visiting the caves and prehistory finds in the Archaeological Park of Cetona.
Extraordinary prooves of human presence in Cetona in prehistoric times
Monte Cetona hides a thousands-year history that shows us human settlements and much more peculiar items in these lands, inhabitated since remote and almost unknown times by humans. The precious finds among huts and caves like prehistoric tools, paths in the park, skeletons of forest animals and even that of a whale, all show us how important and “alive” this territory has always been since ages. Archaeological finds and paths immersed in nature await you in Cetona, one of the most beautiful hamlets in Italy. This fascinating medieval town will welcome you to the Belverde Archaeological Park and the Civic Museum for Prehistory of Monte Cetona, showing you all its historical and natural treasures. At the end of the experience, you can savor the typical Tuscan flavors with a snack based on bruschetta, pecorino cheese and cold cuts. After this delicious stop you can relax and visit the beauties of the village.
The price of 79,00€ per family includes 2 adults + 1 child above 3 years
What it includes
- Visit of the Archaeological Park of Belverde and the Archaeodrome;
- Entrance ticket to the Civic Museum for Prehistory of Monte Cetona;
- Snack with typical products, such as bruschetta with extra virgin olive oil, Tuscan pecorino cheese and local cold cuts.
N.B. The tour is available from Tuesday to Sunday from July to September; available only Saturday and Sunday from October to June. Contact us for a quote for different days!
- Starting time: 10 am or 3 pm
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point: Belverde Archaeological Park in Cetona
- Price per family: 79,00€
- On request: Transfer service